So, I'm going to Seattle for the weekend to visit the cutest little baby boys EVER, so I'm not going to make it to the meeting on Sat. But I'd like to get my two-cents-worth in anyway. My comments for why I like certain things are under the pictures, so be sure to read those!
 |
This is my design idea for the boy. I tried glasses, but I like goggles better because it's more science-y.
I really like the shape of his lab coat and the fact that you don't see the bottom half of his face--it emphasizes the fact that he's a bit of a loner and kinda shy, because it's a physical barrier between him and everyone else. It gives him distance and chubby cuteness. :)
|
 |
| This page I was just playing with different sizes/shapes. The one circled in red are the same design but a little older looking, if you want to go that route. |
 |
| In this one I looked at if he raised his goggles or took off his lab coat. I thought it would be funny if you NEVER saw the bottom half of his face, so under his lab coat he would have a big turtleneck sweater. Again with the shyness and stuff. |
 |
| One nice thing about this design is that it's VERY easy to draw from a bunch of different angles and you don't have to worry about a bunch of lines everywhere. That way we can focus on moving him and not getting him to look right as we move him. Does that sentence make sense? Whatever. |
 |
| In this I was trying to figure out an outfit for the girl character--dress or maybe overalls? I was trying to get a shape that wasn't too similar to the boy's. |
 |
| I ended up kind of liking the idea of a girl that kind of lives in her 'princess dress'--it adds to the fantasy 'magic' feel of the girl character. In this one she's got a tutu. |
 |
| A few poses with the tutu, and basic outlines of boy and girl. I like that the tutu follows the direction of her hips and emphasizes her movements. |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |
| Those are my character designs! I threw in a few of these pictures of machine-y things just for fun because I totally loved drawing them. Woot! |
No comments:
Post a Comment